Christmas assistance program starting soon in Marshall Co. | Community Spirit
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office will begin accepting applications for their Christmas Assistance Program on October 9th. According to Sheriff Walls' office, applications must be made in person during regular business hours at the lobby of the Sheriff's office on Blount Avenue in Guntersville.
If you want to enroll in the program, you will need the following documents :
1. Photo ID of parents/guardians
2. Social security cards for everyone in the home.
3. Paycheck stub or unemployment stub from parents/guardians
4. SSI, disability, food stamp case number or letter.
5. Documentation of any alimony, child support etc.
6. Utility bill, car tag receipt, or other document proving residency in Marshall County.
7. Rental contract (if HUD housing)
8. Proof of legal guardianship (if you're not the parent)
9. Birth dates for each child involved.
Children 15 and over are not eligible for assistance. Applications are cross-checked with other agencies to avoid duplication.
Anyone wanting to donate cash or new toys is asked to bring them to the Sheriff's office as well.